Delta Faucet Touch2O® And Touch2O.xt™ Technologies in the Bathroom
Touch-activated and hands-free lavatory faucets offer ultimate functionality
INDIANAPOLIS – When Delta Faucet introduced Touch2O® Technology in 2008, it revolutionized the kitchen faucet experience. Born of ethnographic research and human behavior studies, Touch2O Technology satisfied an unmet and unarticulated need to enhance the way users turn on the faucet with messy hands and turn off the water when water is not needed between tasks.
“Almost immediately after we launched Touch2O Technology for the kitchen, consumers wanted a similar solution for the home bathroom,” said Scott Collevechio, Delta brand product manager. “Our designers and engineers ultimately landed on two options that help homeowners use water more intuitively in the bathroom with less mess and hassle.”
Lavatory faucets from the Talbott™ and Lahara® bath collections are available with Touch2O Technology, allowing the user to tap the faucet on or off anywhere on the spout or handle. For an even cleaner experience, Addison® and Lahara® models feature Touch2O.xt™ Technology – “xt” for extra technology – that also offer an entirely hands-free experience.
About Delta® Lavatory Faucets with Touch2O and Touch2O.xt™ Technology:
- Optional Touch2O.xt™ Technology
- In manual operation, the user can control the flow and temperature of water by moving the handle to the desired position. With Touch2O functionality, once the handle is moved to an on position, the user can tap anywhere on the spout or handle to start or stop the flow of water. Water turns off automatically within one minute after the faucet is tapped on. Touch2O.xt Technology also offers the user an entirely hands-free experience in addition to the tap functionality.
- Touch2Oxt™ Technology features a 4” sensing field around the entire faucet. Once the handle is moved to an on position, the faucet automatically responds when a user approaches the sensing field – no infrared sensor is used. Moving hands out of range intuitively shuts off the water flow within seconds when not needed, helping to save water. When hands are messy, you can start the flow of water without touching the faucet, helping keep you and your bathroom cleaner.
- LED mode indicator
- Blue LED flashes to indicate that the faucet is in hands-free mode and remains constant to indicate the touch feature is activated. It turns red when batteries need to be replaced.
- Requires 6 AA batteries. Under normal operation, batteries should last approximately 2 years.
- WaterSense® Labeled
- Delta Faucet Company takes its role as the 2011, 2013 and 2014 WaterSense® Partner of the Year very seriously and is committed to working with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to encourage efficient use of water resources and actively protect the future of our nation’s water supply.
- All lavatory faucets in this collection meet WaterSense requirements, flowing at a rate that is less than the industry standard of 2.2 gallons per minute (gpm). The Monitor® series showers are also WaterSense labeled, flowing at 2.0 gpm at 60 psi. The WaterSense labeled lavatories of the Addison bath collection provide up to 32 percent water savings over standard lavatory faucets, while the WaterSense-labeled showerheads provide up to 40 percent water savings over standard showerheads, all without sacrificing the comfort and convenience of the user experience or the durability and life span of the product.
- Tecnología de sellado DIAMOND™
- DIAMOND Seal Technology combines a durable DIAMOND™ Valve with InnoFlex® PEX waterways. The valve requires no lubrication, eliminates wear on seals, and ensures “like new” operation for the life of the faucet, lasting up to 10 times the industry standard. The InnoFlex waterways eliminate potential leak points and are less hassle to install.
- Water does not come in contact with metal surfaces once inside the faucet, meeting all current and upcoming state and national lead free legislation.
- Lavatory faucets featuring Touch2O Technology are available in Brilliance® Stainless finish. Touch2O.xt models are available in chrome, Brilliance® Stainless and Venetian Bronze® finishes. The Addison collection also offers the Champagne BronzeTM finish.
 WaterSense® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
 Based on flow rate for lavatories of 1.5 gpm versus Industry Standard ASME.A112.18.1/CSA.B125.1 of 2.2 gpm.
 Based on flow rate for showerheads and handshowers of 1.5 gpm or 2.0 gpm versus Industry Standard of ASME.A112.18.1/CSA.B125.1 of 2.5 gpm.
 Standard based on ASME 112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles.
 California Health and Safety Code 116875 (AB 1953) and Vermont Law No. 193 (S152), as well as other current and upcoming state and national legislation, mandate that the weighted average lead content in pipes, fittings and fixtures used to convey drinking water cannot exceed 0.25% on wetted surfaces.